It’s that time of year when those in the northern hemisphere start wearing jackets in the evenings and watch for the color in the leaves. Autumn!
For those in the southern hemisphere, happy Spring!
It’s a time of change, a time of regrouping, a time of settling in for the long, dark, cold winter. Set up some projects you’ve been procrastinating. Mull some cider. Watch the colors in the trees.
I think autumn is my favorite season. I didn’t really have it growing up in Miami. There were plenty of trees but they stayed green all year long. Maybe that’s why I treasure the time now. I relish the beauty all around me, and few things are more stunning than a hillside full of blazing glory in autumn leaves!
Mabon is traditionally the second harvest festival. The first is at Lughnasad, around August 1, and the last is at Samhain, around November 1. It’s the height of the harvest, when fulsome bounty abounds! Fruits, nuts, vegetables, meat – harvest it all!
It is also the autumn equinox, when days and nights are equal. It is a beginning of the return of the long, dark nights. It’s a time to give thanks for the abundance in our lives, whether that be for food, health, family, or blessings.
So break out the pumpkin bread (and pumpkin everything else!), the cider, and the butternut squash. Time for a feast!
I write historical fantasy novels, mostly set in Ireland, and a contemporary romance based on my parents’ 30-year search for true love. Don’t miss information on Celtic myth and history, as well as practical travel planning tips, and hidden places, in my travel books.
– Better To Have Loved – Contemporary romance based on the true story of my parents’ 30-year search for love
– Legacy of Hunger – Historical fantasy set in 1846 Ireland
– Legacy of Truth – Historical fantasy set around 1800 Ireland. Prequel to Legacy of Hunger. Available now!
– Legacy of Luck – Historical fantasy set in 1745 Ireland and Scotland. Prequel to Legacy of Truth, tentative release date January, 2017!
– The Enchanted Swans – Historical fantasy set in 500 BCE Ireland, based on The Children of Lir, an Irish Fairy Tale. Tentative release date March 2017!
More info at Green Dragon Artist :: Home ,
Christy Jackson Nicholas, Author , and
Tirgearr Publishing – Christy Nicholas