Imbolc is coming!
Imbolc is upon us soon!
What is Imbolc? It is a returning of the light. It is a day of hope, of reassurance that the sun will come back and grace us with its verdant light. It is ‘breaking the back of winter’. Whether you are Christian and celebrate St. Brigid’s day, or Pagan and honor the goddess Brigit, welcome the light’s return into the world.
So make a Brigid’s Cross, light a candle, leave some food and drink so Brigid will bless your home. If you live near a well, visit and enjoy the blessing.
A great article on Imbolc here:
I write historical fantasy novels, mostly set in Ireland, and a contemporary romance based on my parents’ 30-year search for true love. Don’t miss information on Celtic myth and history, as well as practical travel planning tips, and hidden places, in my travel books.
– Better To Have Loved – Contemporary romance based on the true story of my parents’ 30-year search for love
– Legacy of Hunger – Historical fantasy set in 1846 Ireland
– Legacy of Truth – Historical fantasy set around 1800 Ireland. Prequel to Legacy of Hunger. Available now!
– Legacy of Luck – Released!!! Historical fantasy set in 1745 Ireland and Scotland. Prequel to Legacy of Truth.
– The Enchanted Swans – Historical fantasy set in 500 BCE Ireland, based on The Children of Lir, an Irish Fairy Tale. On pre-order now! Release date March 8, 2017.
– Call of the Morrigú – Historical fantasy set in 1797 Ireland. Submitted to publisher January 2017.
Tagged with: ancient
Posted in History