I pushed hard this weekend and got my first draft of Misfortune of Time DONE!
Misfortune of Time is #6 in The Druid’s Brooch Series. Books #1-3 are published, and #4 is due out January 2018. Book #5 is probably due out in April 2018. Once I’ve done editing and tightening #6, I shall submit it to my publisher for consideration. It will likely be 2018 before that happens, though. The editing of the book takes longer than the writing, for me!
So, who wants to guess what the final word count was? My last two novels clocked in at 80.555 and 84,343. The person who comes closest without going over wins! Winner gets a virtual hug 😀
Blurb for Misfortune of Time:
In 11th century Ireland, Étaín must hide her pagan magic from her pious Christian husband. She wants to escape his cruelty, but must stay to protect their grandson from his heavy hand. Over many lifetimes, she has learned how to endure the pain.
When his beatings get too much, though, she has little choice but to escape in the night with little more than the clothing on her back.
Luckily, this is not the first lifetime she’s fled. Will it be enough to let her survive?
I write historical fantasy novels, mostly set in Ireland, and a contemporary romance based on my parents’ 30-year search for true love. Don’t miss information on Celtic myth and history, as well as practical travel planning tips, and hidden places, in my travel books.
- Call of the Morrigú – Historical fantasy set in 1797 Ireland.
- The Enchanted Swans– Historical fantasy set in 500 BCE Ireland, based on The Children of Lir, an Irish Fairy Tale.
- Better To Have Loved– Contemporary romance based on the true story of my parents’ 30-year search for love
- Legacy of Hunger– Historical fantasy set in 1846 Ireland. Druid’s Brooch #1 (Now available in PRINT!)
- Legacy of Truth– Historical fantasy set around 1800 Ireland. Druid’s Brooch #2
- Legacy of Luck – Historical fantasy set in 1745 Ireland and Scotland. Druid’s Brooch #3
- Misfortune of Vision – Historical fantasy set in 12th century Ireland. Druid’s Brooch #4 (release date January 2018)
- Misfortune of Song – Historical fantasy set in 12th century Ireland. Druid’s Brooch #5 (On contract)
- Misfortune of Time – Historical fantasy set in 11th century Ireland. Druid’s Brooch #6 (first draft)
- Turlough’s Tale – Short Story in The Druid’s Brooch series, set ten years before Legacy of Luck.
- Stunning, Strange and Secret: A Guide to Hidden Scotland
- Mythical, Magical, Mystical: A Guide to Hidden Ireland
More info at Green Dragon Artist :: Home ,