My guide to happiness:
– Find a hobby that makes you smile. This will nourish your soul through difficult times.
– Explore the world, whether via books, travel, or whatever. Learn about other people and try to understand their world. This should teach you compassion and encourage you to help others.
– Find someone who makes you laugh and treasures you. (Not necessarily a spouse – could be a friend!) This will buoy you through the pain.
– Find a job that intrigues and challenges you. This helps you grow and feel effective/useful.
– Remember that fights between you and those you love are you two against an issue, not you against each other. If they really aren’t, then maybe that person is toxic to you.
– Christy Nicholas, author.
Have more additions? Please add your own essentials to happiness!
Leave a Reply